18Karat Studio + Gallery is a small, independent, family run boutique jewellery store and goldsmithing studio that specializes in contemporary Canadian jewellery design. We create our own pieces on site, work closely with our clients to design and create custom pieces, as well as represent a number of Canadian artists. We are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic sales associate who is comfortable in a leadership role and an excellent communicator. Experience with fine jewellery, in either sales or manufacturing is a benefit, but not a requirement (being a quick learner is).
Daily Responsibilities• Opening and closing duties.
• Greeting clients, engaging in conversation, expressing our history and services, establishing their needs and meeting retail sales objectives.
• Maintain standards in housekeeping and merchandising.
• Communicate our core values through social media, broadcasting who we are and what we do to our current and future followers.
Merchandising• Maintaining merchandising standards, this includes: displaying jewellery, decorating our front window during special events and promotions, cleaning and maintaining showcases, displays and jewellery.
• Understanding and tracking customer feedback regarding current merchandise.
Administration• Basic administration duties such as balancing receipts, and maintaining a cash float.
• Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel; basic spreadsheets and documents.
Required skills and experience• Experience in a retail or customer service environment.
• Ability to communicate eloquently and fluently.
• Comfort engaging with clients and working in a retail environment; i.e. sales.
• Experience working with jewellery is an asset, but not a requirement, however a strong interest and a willingness to learn is.
• Open availability to work weekends and weekday shifts.
• Be a self-starter; motivated, driven and able to work with a team and independently.
Additional Skills + Assets• Experience with Adobe Creative Suites, basic graphic design and photo editing are a definite asset.
• Experience with websites such as uploading content, a knack for computers, being interested in technology, are all excellent skills to bring to the table.
• Experience with event planning and organizing; contributing to future events and promotions. Working with a team to come up with ideas, planning, and executing - from beginning to end.